Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Amelia

Today we celebrate  Amelia's first year of life. Amelia has been beyond the best gift ever! I can  hardly believe she is already a year old! She has brought so much joy, happiness, excitement, love, and a few tears and a bit frustration into our lives! :) I have always dreamed about being a mommy and I couldn't have been happier the way I feel about being Amelia's mommy. I look at her everyday and thank the Lord for blessing us with such an amazing little girl.





Little girl.... yes, she has turned into a toddler! It is such a bittersweet feeling. I am so happy she has hit all her milestones and beyond at this age but I am also a bit sad to see that she isn't an infant. She rolled over, crawled, and walked early! She has kept us on our toes! I can't even fathom what she will be doing this time next year! Hopefully, she is still super sweet and listens to everything we say! Right.... that is how it works?







Here is what she is doing at 12 Months.. or at Age One......

~wearing 9 months clothes and I have been getting her in 12 months but they are a bit big still
~size 3 diaper, medium setting on her cloth
~ drinking 7oz of WHOLE milk every 4 hours.... you LOVE your milk!
~sleeping one 2.5~ 3 hour nap every day around 12:30 but the holidays messed you up so we are working to get you back on schedule
~ talking up a storm! these are the words I know you are saying  when you say them ... "mama, dada, div,look, go"  you chit-chat all the time and we just love it
~ your giggle keeps your daddy and I in stitches.. it is the cutest sound ever
~  you get into EVERYTHING...
~ you think you need to help mommy with everything
~ you got babies for Christmas and your birthday and you LOVE to hold them. Carry around a stuffed animal or baby doll hugging them saying "awwww". You sway back and forth with them too. SO SWEET! I think you will love playing babies when you get bigger
~ you LOVE to hear music or to be sang too you always  "sing" and dance when you hear music
~  love books and now love your puzzles
~ really good at playing on your own
~ still have a love/hate relationship with the the dogs, you are getting better at petting them instead of yanking at their hair!
~  you are a bit of a stinker... when I do tell you "no" you will just look at me with the biggest cheesy face and giggle. It make me laugh and I can't keep a straight face. I will have to tell you 10x or more "no" before you give up.



Amelia~
I could not be more thankful to be your mommy. I don't know you will ever know just how much your Daddy and I love you. My heart is filled to the top and is over spilling with pride and love when I look at you. Truly, you are just the happiest girl most days. We do have some tough days here and there but overall we get through them. We have days when you are just so whiny and want to held and  I just want a break. But, when I sit a rock you and sing my heart melts when you make your "goie-goie" sound. I sit and think about one day when you may not want me to hold or spend quite snuggle time with me. Some days housework can wait because you are growing up to fast  and need mommy time. And I will choose play and snuggle time over anything else first!  You are my sunshine, sweetie girl.
Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy



3 comments:

  1. You put two of my absolute favorite pics in this post! (You holding her and the sink bath!) xoxox

    ReplyDelete