Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back in Arkansas

Well most of you know I went home for my sisters graduation. I had a wonderful time. I hadn't seen my family since Christmas so it was nice to be home for awhile. I also got to spend some more time with the Bidwells and Terrys. My flights went really well on the way to Indiana. Deric took me to the airport at about 5:15 a.m on last
Thursday. I was in Indy by 11:30. It was a lot nicer than driving 12 hours to go home!
My sister, Jennifer and my best friend Aimee picked me up at the airport. I was so surprised when I saw Aimee with Jen, they kept a good secret I guess! Well of course I was super excited and I am sure I made a scene at baggage claim when I about plowed them both over!:) It didn't take long for us to get my luggage but when we hit the parking garage, Jen and Aimee had forgotten where they had parked! So it was up and down the walkways and the elevators for Jen and I. Aimee is so scared of elevators so she had to take the stairs! After about 15 minutes of me dragging my luggage around the garage we finally found the car.
First stop on my trip was the mall! I forgotten how much I love shopping with my sister and Aimee. It was so nice to just hang with my girls for awhile. We met the rest of the family at Se Senior for dinner.I had to get my Mexican food in!!



On Friday my mom, Jen and I went to Jen's first dress fitting for the wedding. I can't post a picture..... it would ruin the surprise! We also helped mom pick out her dress.... by the way I am super jealous of it.

On Saturday I went to Nikohl's soccer game... it was a bit windy out that morning. I enjoyed watching her play. She had grown into quite the soccer player.I remember her first season of soccer and it makes me so proud to still be there to watch her play and grow.

As of the rest of the weekend I just hung around home with the family. Saturday night was a lot of fun my brother and his wife and kids came over to visit they have four now. It was the first time I got to meet my new niece she is now 3 months old.



Later that night Aimee and Jaxson ( her son) came over to play. They boys found that they loved the game Jegna and mom's autamon! As you can see they all had to get in it.


Sunday was the best day of them all it was when my big sister,Jen, was now a college graduate! She has been waiting for 5 years to get there and she did it! Not only did she make it to graduation but she did it with honors! She has always been one smart chick (inside joke)! She graduated with 2 majors; a Secondary English Education and Theater Arts degree. I took a lot of pictures of that day but I only posted a few! I am a very proud little sister! I always knew she could do it!


I'll let you in on little secret. When I was about 12 years old I went to Bethel College with a lady I babysat for. Right then and there is when I said I wanted to go to school there because of it's American Sign Language program. Well the years past and Jen made her decision to go there.... I am so bummed even though I was working for my cosmetologist license at the time. I was so upset that she was going to go there because it was MY dream. But I got over it and I was so glad it was my sister's dream also to go to school there. If I had to share a dream with someone there is no one better person than my sister to share it with! ( Mom, stop crying!!!! I mean it!)


At least I got to stand in the front of Bethel College with my Big Sister on a very important day! Love you!!

3 comments:

  1. You are too sweet! I love you very much. You will never know how much it meant to me to have you there on my special day...it wouldn't have been the same without my cheerleader there! :) I can't wait for the next few months to fly by so that I can be with you again!

    Lots of love!!!
    your big sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through my friend Ashley and I just like to say that this post made me excited because I went to Bethel. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey amanda! thanks for the advice! my hair apt is tomorrow at 4:30. and i'm nervous! but i really wanna do it! so thanks for the comments and i'll def be taking those with me! :)

    ReplyDelete