Sunday, March 15, 2009

Warm Weather Brings Vistors

Two weeks ago we were having temps in the high 70's. When I talked to my parents I told them of the great weather we were having and it must have made an impression on my dad. It was probably two days after I told them about this unheard of weather, my dad told me that he and my "uncle" Jim were coming down for a few days. I say "uncle" because he really is just a great family friend who has become an uncle figure in my life. We haven't seen any family since Christmas so we needed some guests. My Dad and Jim got here on Tuesday night and came up to the salon because I was still working. The next day I planned on just driving them around so they can see the area. When my parents and in-laws have come in the past we never just drive around so it was nice to be able to do that. Jim loves to go into the downtown areas to see where the cities started out like. Deric and I have never stop in downtown so it was as new to me and it was to them. We went to the Daisy Air Rifle Museum that I didn't even know was there! It was pretty neat to see how the Daisy company started and where it is now. We were walking back to the car and I saw one of my clients and she told us where to eat. It was so funny; it was like I was a tourist in my own town! I didn't even know where to eat! She told us to go to the Iron Horse Cafe. It was the cutest little coffee and sandwich shop. I am sure Deric and I will have many more visits there. Then we went to "Junk Shops", which was a lot of fun. It was nice to do that with them, both Dad and Jim love to look at places like that.
On Thursday we had lunch with Deric and some of his coworkers then back out to explore different downtowns. First we had to stop to get a part for our freezer. Good thing the guys came when they did. The evaporator fan motor in our 2 year old GE decided to stop working... it was making this annoying noise that kept get louder and louder. But Dad and Jim fixed it and now you can't hear a thing. So quiet, so nice! After we picked up the part I took them over to a store call Oops. I love Oops. It has everything you can think of. We bought our ladder shelves and a tall vase there a while ago. It is a hit or miss kind of store, but it is still fun to go. After that we headed to Bentonville, which is Wal-Mart town. The headquarters to the biggest retail store is about 10 minutes from our house. I took them to the first ever wal-mart but back then it was called "Walton's Five and Dime". This now museum sits on the Bentonville Square. Once again I forgot my camera but we bought a disposable one for Jim to take pictures. This was our last night with Dad and Jim so I made homemade pizza which was super good! Then I baked cookies for the drive home.
I took some pictures but they were all taken that last night the guys were here. Thanks again to Dad and Jim! We loved having you here! Come back soon!



my dad and I




Uncle Jim and I

No comments:

Post a Comment