Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break

Spring break is happening everywhere in every state. Arkansas spring break was this past week and all my clients were talking about where they were going. Although we didn't go anywhere, Linda and Nikohl did. Deric and I spent the first part of last week with his mom and niece. We had so much fun! It was nice just having the two of them come down to see us.
The forecast was looking good for Sunday so we decided to head to the Tulsa zoo for the day. Right after we picked them up from the airport and dropped their stuff off we got back in the car and drove to Tulsa. Deric and I have never been to the Tulsa Zoo and only been to Tulsa one other time. We borrowed our neighbor's GPS, which turned out to be a great idea. That thing is awesome. We relied on it the whole trip. We have to get one! We all had a good time and the weather was great! Monday, I had to go into the salon for a few hours but that afternoon when I got home Kohl wanted me to teach her some belly dance moves. Okay just side note, I have been belly dancing for about 7-8 months now. I Love it. I am in a class and a troupe that will be performing in a few months. After I gave Kohl a lesson it was time for the two of us to go to practice with my troupe. She thought that is was pretty cool and had a lot of fun. We made her work... she had to dance with us, it was super cute!

(Kohl at the Zoo)

On Tuesday I took the whole day off. I told Kohl she was going to help me bake that day and we were going to use fondant to cover the cakes. First we went to the salon and did their hair then the store. While Kohl and I ran in real quick Linda stayed in the car. Turned out that Linda was the smart one as soon as Kohl and I got in to the store we heard rain pouring down. I mean it was solid rain. Linda meant us right outside the doors but when we got to the car the doors were locked. Let me remind you, the rain was coming down so hard I could hardly see. I am screaming "UNLOCK THE DOORS!" to Linda who replied "I can't find the button". Then I yell back" PUT IT IN PARK!!!" The doors unlocked and I jumped into the truck soaked. Meanwhile Kohl got her door open but the wind was blowing so hard she couldn't get it closed until she stuck half of her body outside and pulled the door shut! It looked like she jumped into a lake that is how wet she was!! Once we got home I fixed Nikohl's hair once again then we made the fondant before we went to lunch with Deric. We ate at this really cute coffee cafe called the Iron Horse C.C. I went there with my dad and uncle but it was the first time Deric had gone. After lunch we made our cute little egg shaped chocolate cakes covered in fodant! BOY, they were sugary but good. Deric made dinner that night while Linda and I took Kohl to the new target and she got some new clothes.

(Kohl poring the cake in the pan)

(She is now tinting the fondant, it was a mess!)

I had to work all day Wednesday but Deric took half a day off and they all went shopping. Linda made dinner that night while I was at work. After I got home the girls all ready had their bags packed for the flight out in the morning and we just hung out at the house. It was so much fun and so glad they got to come for a few days. Thanks again Linda for flying you and Nikohl out to see us! We sure did have a great time!

We have a week break then my brother Chris and his family will be here for their kid's spring break! But we will have many more people here, 2 adults and 4 kids! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment