Sunday, August 30, 2009

Busy weekend



I have had a very busy weekend. Not only was it my birthday weekend it was our friend, Lena's baby shower. Lena and her husband Chris are expecting their first baby in October. I am so happy for them, Lena is going to be such a great Mommy. The shower was Saturday and I co-hosted with 3 other friends. It turned out so cute. We split up the duties of the shower. Angela, who opened her home for the shower did all the adorable decor, Ines did the games, Erika and I did the food. We had a great turn out and great time. Here are a few pictures of the shower. I made the cake and I had many request to do the cheesecake cups. You make em once and you will win anyone over!! Also I made some guacamole dip and Chicken Chili Queso Cups. I will add the recipe for the Queso Cups at the end of this post!






How do we know Lena and Chris?? Some of you know who I am talking about and some don't. Lena works with Deric and her husband Chris is a hairstylist! I know funny.... just the opposite of us! I just love Lena she is so sweet and Chris is such a funny, nice guy. I can NOT wait to meet Baby Hamilton. Lena and Chris have decided not to find out what the sex of the baby is util baby arrives. She is sooo hoping for a baby girl (so am I)!!! HA


As for my birthday(which is today)we didn't do much which is fine with me. We went out to dinner last night after the baby shower with some friends (Marcia, Ken, Val, and Spencer). I decided to go to Shogun for dinner. It is such a great place to eat. It is a Japanese restaurant. You can choose to sit at a grill and watch them cook right in front of you or sit a regular table. We sat a regular table, we have been at the grill before and wanted to sit at a regular table so we could visit better. The restaurant sits up on a hill in Fayetteville so the view from the tables is wonderful. You can see pretty much the whole city while you enjoy your YUMMY food.

Then today Deric and I went out for lunch and then to Sam's Club. So nothing to exciting today. It's funny how when we are younger how much you look forward to your birthday every year. And as you grow older even though it is still an important day to you it just isn't as exciting. I think of it now as just another day, I don't feel any different from what I felt yesterday. Maybe because when we are little kids are parents go out of their way to make the day so special and as adults we don't really need that anymore. Maybe when you hit more of the "milestone" birthday you will feel different!


I do need to do a Shout Out to Miss Ana Kate..... today is also her birthday! The little princess is 2 today! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANA KATE. Check out her momma's blog to see how much she is growing!



Now for the Queso Cups.... super good and easy gotta try them for your next party!



RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cooked chicken, finely diced
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
30 mini phyllo shells
1. Heat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, toss together the chicken, chilies, cilantro, and cheese.

2. Place the phyllo shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of chicken filling into each shell, then add about 1 teaspoon of the egg mixture. Let the shells sit for about a minute so the egg can settle to the bottom. Then add about another teaspoon of egg to each shell, filling it close to the top.

3. Bake the cups until the custard is set, about 15 minutes. After the cups have cooled, freeze them for up to 2 weeks. To serve, simply reheat them in a 350° oven until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 30 quiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment